[Gpg4win-users-en] Create Key Failed Permission Denied and Can't Import Public Keys

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 4 12:52:52 CEST 2022

Dear Taylor,

Am Freitag 01 Juli 2022 16:22:00 schrieb Taylor Jordan:
> so we just figured we'd create a new one. Went to go
> create another public key but I can't. When I try to create a new public
> key I get the message "Could not create key pair: permission denied".

can you try to
* set the active GnuPG profile in Kleopatra -> Crpyot Operations to "default".

(See
https://wiki.gnupg.org/TroubleShooting?highlight=%28vs-nfd%29#Can.27t_sign_files_anymore
this also is a problem for key creation.)

* Create a key pair on the command line, to see if you get additional
diagnostic messages.

( gpg --generate-key

https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/OpenPGP-Key-Management.html#OpenPGP-Key-Management
https://wiki.gnupg.org/TroubleShooting?highlight=%28vs-nfd%29#Command_line_operations)

https://intevation.de/~bernhard   +49 541 33 508 3-3
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter