[Gpg4win-users-en] Removal of GPA in Gpg4win

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at gnupg.org
Fri Mar 11 13:57:41 CET 2022

Hi,

the Application GPA is currently an optional part of Gpg4win as an alternative
to Kleopatra. Since Kleopatra is improved more and more, and our actively
maintained UI Application, I am considering removing GPA from the package.

This would reduce the complexity and size of our installation, and we need to
push users over to our actively maintained UI at some point.

So my Question is, are there any GPA users that object to that, and if so why
do you prefer GPA over Kleopatra?

Best Regards,
Andre

--
GnuPG.com - a brand of g10 Code, the GnuPG experts.

g10 Code GmbH, Erkrath/Germany, AG Wuppertal HRB14459
GF Werner Koch, USt-Id DE215605608, www.g10code.com.

GnuPG e.V., Rochusstr. 44, D-40479 Düsseldorf.  VR 11482 Düsseldorf
Vorstand: W.Koch, B.Reiter, A.Heinecke        Mail: board at gnupg.org
Finanzamt D-Altstadt, St-Nr: 103/5923/1779.   Tel: +49-211-28010702