[Gpg4win-users-en] Changing which keypair is the default key

gpg4win at jupiter.anonaddy.com gpg4win at jupiter.anonaddy.com
Tue Apr 23 20:08:58 CEST 2024

Hello - I'm trying to change which keypair is my default key. I couldn't see a way to do this within Kleopatra (please let me know if there is!) so after reading p65 of the GnuPG manual (https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg.pdf) I tried each of the following from the command line:

gpg --default-key [fingerprint]
gpg --default-key [email address]
gpg --default-key [name]
gpg --default-key [Key ID]

These gave me "WARNING: no command supplied. Trying to guess what you mean...Go ahead and type your message".

I'm using GPG4Win 4.1.0 / GnuPG 2.4.0.

Any advice much appreciated! Thanks.