[Skencil-users] Join forces for skencil1/sK1?

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:10:30 CEST 2007

Hi Bernhard,

sK1 project was presented on Libre Graphics Meeting 2007 in Montreal and it
seems the presentation was sucsessful.

Among other new features we demonstrated a "brilliant" feature - universal
CDR importer for CorelDRAW files from 7 version up to X3 version. This
importer is backward compartible with Skencil v.0.6.x and it's code can be
found in our SVN on SF.net. CDR format reverse engineerig is a separate sK1
subproject (additional info can be found on our web site).

Comparsion tests for complex drawing show that sK1 engine (based on Skencil
engine but improved by Cairo renderer) is faster than Inkscape or Scribus
engines and requires smaller memory amount (on the same drawing: sK1 - 60
Mb, Inkscape - 260 Mb, Scribus - 480 Mb)

Also it was declared that unlike Sodipodi/Inkscape pair, sK1 team and
Skencil team plan joining forces for 1.0 version. Therefore we are ready to
discuss this issue.

Sincerely,

Igor Novikov
sK1 Team
http://sk1.sf.net

P.S. Build scripts in our SVN still not ready and I need a few days to fix
its.