[Skencil-users] Join forces for skencil1/sK1?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu May 17 13:13:44 CEST 2007

Hi Igor,

On Thursday 10 May 2007 13:10, Igor Novikov wrote:
> sK1 project was presented on Libre Graphics Meeting 2007 in Montreal and it
> seems the presentation was sucsessful.

wonderful!

> Among other new features we demonstrated a "brilliant" feature - universal
> CDR importer for CorelDRAW files from 7 version up to X3 version. This
> importer is backward compartible with Skencil v.0.6.x and it's code can be
> found in our SVN on SF.net. CDR format reverse engineerig is a separate sK1
> subproject (additional info can be found on our web site).

Good to know!
http://sk1.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sk1

> Comparsion tests for complex drawing show that sK1 engine (based on Skencil
> engine but improved by Cairo renderer) is faster than Inkscape or Scribus
> engines and requires smaller memory amount (on the same drawing: sK1 - 60
> Mb, Inkscape - 260 Mb, Scribus - 480 Mb)
>
> Also it was declared that unlike Sodipodi/Inkscape pair, sK1 team and
> Skencil team plan joining forces for 1.0 version. Therefore we are ready to
> discuss this issue.

I had already put on some of the questions.
What name to use, and what strategy to pursue regarding
the now available three esisting ends skencil 0.6, sk1, skencil 0.7.
Then we need to find the best infrastructure for it.

From Bernhard H. I've heard that we wanted to peek a look at your code.

> P.S. Build scripts in our SVN still not ready and I need a few days to fix
> its.

Let us know, when they are fixe. :)