[Skencil-devel] Revitalising Skencil

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 13 11:41:02 CEST 2010

Hi Igor,

Am Freitag, 10. September 2010 21:17:41 schrieb Igor Novikov:
> Of course it's just an issue of methodology no more. So let's using
> skencil-0.6/ as a formal trunk.

cool with me. :)

> I have tested Debian package for Skencil and found that it doesn't look
> like a stable application:
>
> http://saveimg.ru/pictures/10-09-10/a5e15398d26ba5c0850b13bc415c5857.png

Version: 0.6.17-16 works nicely for me on Debian Lenny.

There were a couple of issues and Daniel Baumann, the former Debian
packager seems to have fixed some of the in -17:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=skencil;dist=unstable
He also wrote the package it self would be in a good state,
but I haven't tried in Squeeze myself.

> So I'm starting ver.0.6.18 development iteration to fix these issues and
> provide stable Skencil build for tk8.5.
>
> First of all I'd like to note that I have no a lot of time for
> investigations. Therefore to get a fast result  I will implement
> the same patterns as for UniConvertor and sK1. As you know packages of
> these projects have been included in all distros
> and their structure and build system are result of joint work
> withmaintainers of different distros. So I think this
> experience is useful for Skencil revitalization.

Yes, wonderful.

> If some issues will be not suitable we always can roll back changes. Anyway
> I will comment all changes to explain they.
> Working solid build will be a first step because it's a major requirement
> to continue development.

I fully agree.

Best,
Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.