[Skencil-users] Fwd: Join forces for skencil1/sK1?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 11:39:57 CEST 2007

On 7/13/07, Igor Novikov <igor.e.novikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bill,

> It is not a such complex task. Xlib based implementation is a most complex
> thing.

It's complex relative to my goal, which was to get something working
in a day or less.  :-)

> Also Pyrex is not a best choice for multiplatform tool. Try using ctypes
> (FFI).

What's non portable about Pyrex?  I picked it thinking it was as
cross-platform as Python.  Not so?  Maybe I need to take another look
at ctypes.  I thought ctypes was primarily for wrapping pre-existing C
code, and Pyrex was better/easier if you wanted to write an extension
module from scratch and didn't mind it being tied to Python.

> Last note: you forget one issue. :) In outsourcing there is a byword:
> "If you need complex and high-cost project, just select American team.
> Large and low-cost project - you need team from Bangalore.
>  But if your project is an impossible - Russian team only!"
> Of course it is a joke, but this joke has real background  :)

:-)
Maybe you guys need to pick up the torch for the Pyrex guys too.  :-)

--bb