[Winpt-users] Another pre version before 1.0.0

Timo Schulz twoaday at gmx.net
Tue Aug 8 19:34:07 CEST 2006

djek wrote:

>> The expiration date of my laptop (mobile) key has been changed.
>> If you still use the old key, you should sync it with a keyserver code.
>
> Well, you signed it with your laptop key.
> The one I had, had expired.

Yes, but I changed the expiration date and now it is valid
again. I suggest to refresh all keys in the keyring from
time to time, to avoid these and other related problems.
A lot of people have encryption keys valid for 1-2 years
for example.

>> Then I guess I will release 1.0.0 in 1-2 days.
>
> I would like to suggest to offer the WinPT_Intro.pdf as a separate
> download on wald.intevation.org.
> Nice documentation, but 1 is enough :-)

I just wanted to provide it with the final 1.0 release to
offer help for newbies. In further relases, I will exclude
it with a hint where to download it.

> Speaking of the pdf, is gpg 1.4.5 not the required version?
> People might get into trouble trying to run (the unpatched) gpg 1.4.4

I thought the doc says "a working GnuPG 1.4" version and no special
patch level...If this is not clear enough, I can change it to
"the most recent gpg version (1.4.5)".

	Timo