[Gpg4win-devel] GTK Faces: Windows Style

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 22 11:57:28 CEST 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:40, jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de said:

> AFAIK, the new GTK 2.10 support faces, and among these
> offer Windows style.

It is actually the default on Windows.  You can use the standard Windows
facility to change the appearence of GPA and Sylpheed.

> I propose to apply this style by default for the next Gpg4win
> release. Concerns only GPA I guess.

And Sylpheed-Claws or well Claws, as I am planning to include 2.9.2.

> One reason against this is that we have screenshots
> with the other style in the manuals. However, I regard
> it a good idea to have a transition. With the new release
> we can ask people to make new screenshots.

Given all the different default Windows sryles (W2000, XP and Vista alre
all different), I fear that we will need to update the screenshots to
often or even be required to publish several versions :-).  I think that
users don't have a problem to conclude that the screenshots are done
using a different style/face/theme.  A remark in the manual may be
justified.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner