[Gpg4win-devel] GTK Faces: Windows Style

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de
Tue May 22 13:15:03 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007 11:57, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:40, jan-oliver.wagner at intevation.de said:
> > AFAIK, the new GTK 2.10 support faces, and among these
> > offer Windows style.
>
> It is actually the default on Windows.  You can use the standard Windows
> facility to change the appearence of GPA and Sylpheed.

with my out-of-the-box installation of GTK+ 2.10 on Windows
(which was unrelated to Gpg4win), it was not the default.

Is the style shown in the screenshots really already the Windows style?
BTW: The screenshots of the online version of the manuals are mostly
missing.

> > I propose to apply this style by default for the next Gpg4win
> > release. Concerns only GPA I guess.
>
> And Sylpheed-Claws or well Claws, as I am planning to include 2.9.2.

Sure.

> > One reason against this is that we have screenshots
> > with the other style in the manuals. However, I regard
> > it a good idea to have a transition. With the new release
> > we can ask people to make new screenshots.
>
> Given all the different default Windows sryles (W2000, XP and Vista alre
> all different), I fear that we will need to update the screenshots to
> often or even be required to publish several versions :-).  I think that
> users don't have a problem to conclude that the screenshots are done
> using a different style/face/theme.  A remark in the manual may be
> justified.

Good point.  I forgot the there are many Windows styles in fact.

Best

	Jan