[Gpg4win-devel] How to contribute with translation

Giuseppe Bertone bertone.giuseppe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 22:29:25 CEST 2019

Hi guys, I improved the italian localization of Gpg4win (following the
guidelines I found at https://www.gpg4win.org/localize-gpg4win.html) but I
can't understand the correct encoding to use.

The web page says *don't use UTF8*, and in fact the it.po file on master
branch uses *ISO-8859-1*, and I modified that file.

Recently though the *nsis-3 branch switched all .po files to UTF-8* (see
https://dev.gnupg.org/rW84461da4b83ff4da08b1024054ba6bd5a21a4c73) without
merging the changes to the master branch.

So, do we need to maintain two separated files since now? Or also master
will soon become UTF-8?

--
Giuseppe