[Gpg4win-devel] maintenance (short downtimes) on www/files gpg4win, https redirect

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jul 27 20:03:23 CEST 2021

On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 10:46, Thomas Arendsen Hein said:

> Additionally I already configured files.gpg4win.* to always redirect
> from http to https, same as www.gpg4win.* is doing since 2015.

Bad idea for files.  The integrity is secured by our signatures and
there are systems where it is hard to use https but easy to use checsums
or gpg.  Think automated systems.

Almost all users anyway click on the links and as long as this is https
this is all secure.  Those who want http (or ftp) for files should be
abale to continue their use.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner