[Gpg4win-users-en] Gpg4win2 Ready?

Brian Amundsen bvamundsen at comcast.net
Fri Oct 3 20:05:57 CEST 2008

I've been using 1.1.3 for about 60 days. I switched after I found
significant issues with Thunderbird not was handling my messages in
folders correctly.  I'm not having any issues with GPG, although I
don't use encryption that often because many recipients don't know how
to handle the messages, nor have the application to either.   I do have
some issues with Claws-mail version packaged with 1.1.3 which is only
3.0.0RC2. It would be nice if I could update individual parts or if
the team would at least update 1.1.3 with a later version of
Claws-mail.

There are a couple of oddities that I noticed with the
teams implementation of Claws-mail.  First the application data is
storing in the default WinNT folder structure,

i.e. C:/Documents and Setting/<username>/Application
Data/Claws-mail/

which seems logical and appropriate.
BUT the actual messages are storing under MH folder names in

C:/Documents and Setting/<username>/Application Data/<default account name MH>

with all folders and subfolders.  But the designation of
additional accounts are stored at

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
Data\Claws-Mail\Mailboxes\<account 1, 2, 3, etc>

I would have expected to find the message data in the

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application
Data\Claws-mail\Mailboxes\<account default, 2, 3, 4, etc>

All I can think of is that the MH folders are at a higher level than
the application data, inorder for other MH applications to access them
without having to dig down in to the Claws-mail application folder.
Can anyone on the team verify this odd structure?  Is there a way to
change the message data storage point?  I've checked my registry and
can not find any claws-mail application pointers are values
(interesting).

Maybe there are pointers in the registry that should be added for to
allow claws-mail to be the default mail program which Ggp4win version 2
needs to add.  All this in the hope that more Windows users are
converting their applications to open source and moving away from
Microsoft closed source.

Thanks, Brian A