[Gpg4win-users-en] 1.9.xbeta problems (was: Gpg4win-users-en Digest, Vol 29, Issue 1)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Oct 6 12:01:57 CEST 2008

Dear Waider,

On Donnerstag, 2. Oktober 2008, Ronan Waide wrote:
> On Thu, October 2, 2008 11:00,
> gpg4win-users-en-request at wald.intevation.org wrote:
> > If you have substaintial problems with 1.1.3, it is helpful if you can
> > try one
> > of the betas or release candidates in a test environment and see if the
> > problem is resolved or different.
>
> So far I've been completely unable to use any of the 1.9.x betas.

okay, let's see if we can produce a good problem report for developers.
Naturally we want Gpg4win 2.0 to be very usable.

> I have removed, as
> best I can, all traces of the 1.1.3 installs when testing the betas, but
> in every case the mail client simply fails to do anything when I try to
> send email. The cleopatra self-test runs fine, the keys work perfectly
> well in 1.1.3, so I'm really not clear on why this fails.

Did you see http://www.gpg4win.de/reporting-bugs.html ?
Next step is to try to see why GPGOl fails.
You should see about the gpgol Debug log.

> I'm using Outlook 2007 (12.0.6316.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6320.5000)

Which operating system version?

Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)