[Gpg4win-users-en] An error occurred while trying to add the user-id: General error

Emanuel Schütze emanuel at intevation.de
Wed Apr 21 10:16:49 CEST 2010

Hi Ken,

On 13.04.2010 12:13, Ken wrote:
> I am running recent installation of gpg4win 2.0.2
> When I click on one of my certificates and choose to Add-Id, I enter
> an email address and hit ok.
> I then get the error message:
> "An error occurred while trying to add the user-id: General error"
> (This is not a helpful message). The User-Id is not added to the
> certificate.

Thanks for reporting!
But I can't reproduce it with gpg4win 2.0.2 (on a fresh WinXP and Vista
installation):
Adding a new user-id of an OpenPGP certificate works fine for me.

Can you try again this test:
* Create a new OpenPGP test certificate with Kleopatra.
* Select new certificate
* Run "Add user-id..." from context menu
* change name and email-address
-> Kleopatra shows message dialog: "User-ID successfully added."

Does this test work for you?

If you get an error please enable Kleopatra log for this test:
Instructions (German only, sorry):
http://gpg4win.de/doc/gpg4win-compendium-de_29.html
Add two ENV vars:
* KLEOPATRA_LOGDIR, value: e.g. "c:\TEMP\kleologdir"
* KLEOPATRA_LOGOPTIONS, value: "all"
Interesting log file is "kleo-log". You can send us this file.

Regards
Emanuel

--
Emanuel Schütze  |  ++49-541-33 50 83 - 746  |  http://www.intevation.de/