[Gpg4win-users-en] Users using PGP 8.0 can not decrypt attached files made in GPG4Win

Morten Abrahamsen morten at e-advice.dk
Mon May 17 22:50:03 CEST 2010

Hi

We are moving from PGP8 to GPG4WIN w/Kleopatra

Still many are using PGP8 as still using Windows XP

My problem is that when some using GPG4Win sends an attached file to one
using PGP 8.0, they can not open it.

As long as file type is gpg, it does not even recognize it

If I rename the .gpg to .pgp I can encrypt but the file is given a strange
name. I then have to rename it to filen.extention and I can open it.

This is to complicated for many users

There must be a setting in GPG4Win so it can be compatible with PGP 8

I heared something about a gpg.conf file but not sure what options to add to
get it to work

Hope anyone can help

regards

Morten