[Gpg4win-users-en] Presentation and a Question

Juan Chulilla jl.chulilla at onlineandoffline.net
Tue Nov 23 00:00:32 CET 2010

I don't know if it can be useful, but I believe that I have focused the
bug somehow and I have found a primitive workaround for it.

Either if I use thunderbird or claws mail, when I send the email AND
passphrase is not cached, GPG lauches gpg2.exe... and email client hangs
until I end the process. Somehow gpg2.exe doesn't complete the call to
passphrase input window. When I finish gpg2.exe process, email client
un-hangs itself, passphrase input window appears, I can introduce the
passphrase and then I can use signed email without problems while
passphrase remains cached.

Workaround: If I firm whatever in the clipboard using GPA, passphrase is
cached. So, before sending any email, I just can cached my passphrase
this way and, after that, use the email client properly.

Of course, it would be nice to work straightfully, but until bug source
is identify, at least it works this way

Best regards,

Juan