[Gpg4win-users-en] Kleopatra does not start on Windows 7

Blibbet blibbet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 18:00:29 CEST 2013

> When starting Kleopatra from Windows Explorer or command shell, nothing
> happens GUI-wise. The task manager shows that dbus-daemon.exe is started but
> that's it. No error message, nothing. This happens for a standard user as
> well as when trying to run kleopatra as Administrator. I tried to get some
> logging by defining the user variables KLEOPATRA_LOGDIR=. and
> KLEOPATRA_LOGOPTIONS=all, but no file was created.

Get an NT system diagnostic tool: Process Explorer from Microsoft. Or
Process Hacker from SourceForge. Or FileSpy or IRP Tracker from
OSRonline.com. Run the diagnostic tool. (A few of these tools work
better on 32-bit versions of NT, 64-bit versions make things more
complex.) Turn on logging. Duplicate the problem: re-run the steps
needed to cause the problem(s). Switch back to tool, stop logging, and
look in log output for failing code process name, and look for any
failure system calls nearby.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653
http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?article=199
http://www.osronline.com/article.cfm?article=370