[Gpg4win-users-en] When will the latest version of Gpg4win be patched with security fixes?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Aug 4 17:49:21 CEST 2014

HI Chris,

On Monday 04 August 2014 at 17:17:49, Chris Marlow wrote:
> Funding is not a problem if we can make gpg4win to be more, more
> user-friendly.

we are ready to do it, if you have funding available.
The current situation is that funding and qualified developer time is small.
We do have more developers that can work on Gpg4win, but we lack funding to
actually let them work a lot on it.

> At the moment, a new user has to acquaint themselves with how to import
> public signing keys and then use the command prompt to type some commands.

The last major interface overhaul was done a couple of years ago,
when the BSI funded the development of Gpg4win 2. Since then we only have done
minor improvement (and collected a number of points that should be improved).

Which commands do you need to type in on the command line in particular?

> If gpg4win developers can create a GUI which users can just drag and drop
> files to be verified would be most welcome.

How close is GpgEx to your requirements right now?

> gpg4win developers have to remember that Microsoft Windows users are not
> used to typing DOS-like commands anymore. It is the age of "touch" and "go"
> as what Microsoft Windows 8.1 and the upcoming Windows 9 show.

Sure. :)
There was no Windows 8 when we've designed the current interface, so it is no
surprise it is lacking.

Best Regards,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner