[Gpg4win-users-en] Gpg4win 3.0 test version

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Dec 14 12:00:34 CET 2015

Hi,

On Monday 14 December 2015 11:13:16 tagtraeumer wrote:
> GpgOL 2-beta36 with OL-2010(32bit) on Win7-64bit:
> While playing around I did notice that checking encryption *only* will not
> proceed in sending created mail, new 'mail editor window' still persists
> opened.

Thanks for testing. I cannot reproduce that behavior though I've uploaded a
screenshot of my test at [1] to make sure we talk about the same thing.

> If checking signing too (even in same new 'mail editor window'), mail will
> be sent signed and encrypted.
>
> So: How to send encrypted only mails?

The idea is that only toggeling the encrypt button should do just that :-)

If it does not work for you this would be a bug and we will have to figure out
why it does not work for you. Can you file one?

> For my understanding:
> GpgOL always sends PGP/Mime?

Yes.

> Or is there an option for setting PGP/Mime OR PGP-inline per recipient?

No, currently there is no such option. Do you wish there to be one?

Would it be a problem for you if we added such an option only for messages
that are also encrypted?

Inline signed only content is even more problematic then inline encrypted
content (see [2])

> List of incoming mails in Outlook-2010 shows little icons in front. If
> incoming mail is PGP-encrypted (w/o signed), an envelope with lock symbol is
> shown.
> If incoming mail is PGP-signed only, NO special icon is shown, it is not
> possible to recognize signed mails before opening.

Oh yee,.. this is a bug. It worked at one point. We had that pencil / sign
icon in the message list for signed only messages, but It appears we broke it
again.  I've opened issue2190 [3] for this.

Btw. we are hoping to find better icons that look nicer (especially the small
versions) in the Outlook > 2010 look and feel.

> Suggestion:
> Different icons for:
> - Signed only
> - Encrypted only
> - Signed and encrypted

We want to have a different icon for signed only but a different icon for signed
/ encrypted is a bit more difficult once a message is encrypted we have to
decrypt it to see if it's also signed. So a different signed / encrypted icon
would need to be set after decryption. Technically changing the icon means
changing the message class and we do this way earlier. This is the reason we
currently don't distinguish between them. Should be possible, though to change
the message class after decryption / verification but It's extra effort.

Regards,
Andre

1: http://files.kolab.org/incoming/aheinecke/only-enc.png
2: https://wiki.gnupg.org/SignatureHandling