[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg-agent scdaemon + yubikey smartcard not asking for PIN with PUTTY

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 24 14:32:42 CET 2016

Hi,

On Thursday 24 March 2016 at 14:14:19, Bowlers Bloody wrote:
> > until then we can try to make it a good problem report in bugs.gnupg.org.
> ok I posted a bug report on the bug tracker

ah, I've found https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue2293
Thanks for creating it. The next steps with such a problem report is
to improve it (if possible) e.g. by somebody else reproducting it
or making it easier to reproduce or to reduce the test case.

> I tried older version (which, at the time, worked for people with the
> same setup as myself), but I can try new version too of course.

That is helpful, because development right now is concentrating more
on Gpg4win 3 with the new GnuPG 2.1 (to become 2.2) and this is where
gpg-agent and pinentry is handled slightly differently. So making sure that
it works with the new version is better for the future.

> I just have one question : will installing gpg4win 3.X beta (something
> like that https://files.gpg4win.org/Beta/gpg4win-3.0.0-beta128/) will
> corrupt my current keyring ? I mean, I read somewhere that the keyring
> are not compatible ?

It comes with GnuPG 2.1 which will use a new format to save some certs.
Thus is migrates your old format, but keeps the old files.
(As you have a backup, because this is a test setting, this should not be a
problem anyway.) GnuPG 2.1 will use the new format from then one,
so if you import a certs it will only be in the new file. You can go back
to the old file but you will miss the changes to the certring that you have
been making after the "migration".  So far I have not heard about
any corruptions, but then again it is testing software, so bad stuff could
happen in principle and you have a backup for the rare case, haven't you? ;)

Best,

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner