[Gpg4win-users-en] Sign & Encrypt File

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Feb 7 11:24:05 CET 2018

Hi David,

(please send your replies directly to the list, so many people can see them,
this way you sometimes even get a faster reply, because someone knows the
answer before I can see to it. :) )

Am Dienstag 06 Februar 2018 18:04:39 schrieb David Koch:
> > So I asumme that you are using Kleopatra to encrypt and sign the files.
>
> Yes.

> > Usually saving the file from the email application and then opening it
> > with Kleopatra should get you to the decryption. :)
>
> I believe we tried this in the tests, but it was some time ago, so maybe
> I can try some more tests to make sure.

Another test with a current Gpg4win 3.0.3 could be helpful to find out what is
going on. It "should" work. My current wild guess is that you may not have
attached the right file after encrypting and signing or that Kleopatra does
not recognise the file to be one for decryption.

> Thanks for looking into this, Bernhard.

You are welcome, thanks for bearing with us and Gpg4win!

Best Regards,