[Gpg4win-users-en] gpg4win-3.1.15.exe - virus/malware appeared during installation of said executable

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jan 19 17:47:21 CET 2021

Hi Bowie,

Am Dienstag 19 Januar 2021 15:59:36 schrieb Bowie Frisch:
> First, I wish to thank all the nice guys who have made this project
> possible at their own expense.

we are happy that you like Gpg4win!

(Please note that in addition to unpaid contributions a number of people have
sponsored or contracted Gpg4win and GnuPG development in the past, which
allowed the companies g10code, Intevation and others to work on this in the
last 20 years
A small part of history of this is here
  https://www.gpg4win.org/donate.html
  https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win under Contracts
so a lot of thanks goes to those "funders" as well. :) )

See https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/AntiVirusSoftware

> I am curious: when compiling the Windows executable, was it done on a Linux
> distro, macOS, BSD operating system?

As far as I know a Debian GNU/Linux distribution is used for building.

Best Regards,