[Gpg4win-users-en] Outlook crashes when GPG-OL plugin is enabled and I attempt to forward specific emails

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 1 17:19:36 CET 2023

Hi,

On Wednesday 1 February 2023 15:13:45 CET Ulf Bremer wrote:
> as for me this issue (so far) only occurred when forwarding some (rich
> text?) emails it doesn't make a difference which way I compose emails
> myself (I can send plain text, HTML and rich text just fine). When I
> "reformat" the rich text email that I can reproduce the crash with to
> plain text (or HTML!) (before I add the first recipient) there is no
> problem. So recipient processing differs based on the email format?!?
> Regards

I really have to play around with this a bit and try to reproduce it on my dev
system. I have to admit that I sometimes saw crashes related to adding users
and there is more then one report of this.

The code to check the recipients is very complicated, a log with +call trace
enabled might help me, but really I need to reproduce this here locally.

It is different if the user is on you internal Addressbook, or when it is local
on your exchange, when it is remote on a different exchange, if it is part of
your companies AD, if the recipient is a group mail, etc. pp.

And yes it might even be different if rich text or HTML is enabled because
Microsoft tries then to figure out if the user can receive their internal MAPI
format or MIME etc.

We have this bug report here which I have not gotten around too. https://
dev.gnupg.org/T6339

Is this from you?

Best Regards,
Andre

--
GnuPG.com - a brand of g10 Code, the GnuPG experts.

g10 Code GmbH, Erkrath/Germany, AG Wuppertal HRB14459
GF Werner Koch, USt-Id DE215605608, www.g10code.com.

GnuPG e.V., Rochusstr. 44, D-40479 Düsseldorf.  VR 11482 Düsseldorf
Vorstand: W.Koch, B.Reiter, A.Heinecke        Mail: board at gnupg.org
Finanzamt D-Altstadt, St-Nr: 103/5923/1779.   Tel: +49-211-28010702